A separate rental application must be processed on all prospective residents 18 years of age or older, and an application fee paid for each applicant. A valid form of legal identification is required at the time of application and move-in. All prospective residents will be qualified on the following criteria.
There is a non-refundable application fee and a non-refundable lease initiation fee.
CREDIT HISTORY- The first step in the application process is a credit report which will be processed on each applicant. The credit report will be part of a scoring model. Approval will be based on the indicators of future rent payment performance. A positive credit score must be obtained for the approval process to continue. If applicant takes exception with the credit findings, he or she is responsible for contacting the credit bureau.
INCOME- Applicant(s) must have a verifiable source of income that when combined the gross amount is equal to a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent. If retired or unemployed applicant must provide other sources of verifiable regular monthly income, (for example: investments, trust funds, child support, alimony etc.) that cover 3 times the monthly rent for monthly income sources; or cover the entire amount of the lease term (for example: savings accounts).
EMPLOYMENT- When applying, it is the obligation of the applicant(s) to provide proof of employment through a copy of two (2) most current paycheck stubs; or if self-employed the previous year's tax return or W-2; or job offer letter stating the start date and salary on company letterhead. Students must provide documentation of full-time student status (12 credit hours); if income cannot be verified, a Co-Signer or additional deposit will be required.
RENTAL HISTORY- Applicants must provide at least 6 months of verifiable rental and/or payment history within the last 2 years from a landlord, apartment community or mortgage company, (including a prompt payment record and compliance with all community policies). Acceptable rental/payment history would include no more than three (3) late payments or returned checks per year residency. Reference information from family or friends will not be considered.
CONDITIONAL APPROVAL- An additional deposit up to one month's rent or Co-Signer will be required if the credit score is in the conditional approval range or criteria for any one of Income, Employment or Rental History have not been met, or have only been partially met. All adverse action requirements will be combined when reviewing multiple applications. NOTE: In the event a co-signer is required, he/she must complete an Application for Residency and meet all of the Rental Selection Criteria. A co-signer will be full responsible for the Lease Agreement if the occupying resident(s) default.
AUTOMATIC DENIAL FOR RESIDENCY- an Applicant will automatically be denied for the following reasons:
- -Falsification of any information on the Rental Application
- -Credit Score in the "Decline" range
- -Anyone currently in the process of filing a bankruptcy
- -Having been evicted by a previous landlord for cause
- -Any unresolved debts to a landlord or mortgage holder. (Unless debt is paid prior to approval of rental application).
- -Rental applicants who have charges against them for one or more criminal offenses involving violence, sexual assault, drug-related activity, injury to a person or damage to property, including, without limitation, homicide, battery and assault, sexual assault, possession or sale of an illegal substance, burglary or theft, illegal possession or sale of sale of weapons.
- -Rental applicants who have been convicted of one or more of such criminal offenses
- -Rental applicants who have plead guilty or no contest to one or more of such criminal offenses
- -Rental applicants who have had one or more of such criminal offenses disposed of other than by an acquittal or finding of "not guilty”. OCCUPANCY STANDARDS- the maximum number of occupants per apartment are as follows; 1 Bedroom- 3 persons, 2 Bedroom- 5 persons, 3 Bedroom- 7 persons. If for any reason the number of occupants exceeds the maximum number for that floor plan, resident may be able to transfer to the appropriate floor plan, (subject to availability of alternate floor plan types and resident's compliance with existing lease agreement), to comply with the occupancy limits, or vacate the apartment subject to the terms and conditions of the lease agreement and supporting addenda.
This community does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation or national origin.
l/We have read the above and understand the criteria from which the application(s) will be approved or denied.